Referral Management Service –
including eRS Downloads
- Provide a consistent service to manage all referrals irrespective of their source, including;
– National eReferral Service (eRS)
– Electronic referrals from Third Party Systems
– WASP Web based Referral Form(s) for Self-Referrals and Referrals from non-eRS users
– Referrals e-mailed to nominated e-mail address
– Traditional paper referral letters
– Internal C2C referrals
– Specialist Tertiary Referrals/Inter-Hospital Transfers
- Clinical staff are able to triage all their referrals, independent of source, through their usual EPR/Clinical workstation screen without the need to access eRS.
- Options to manage referrals through Advice & Guidance, Virtual Clinic or Face to Face.
- Download all eRS referrals to ensure they become an integral part of the electronic Patient Record allowing easy access to referral information in clinic.
- Integration allows the clinician to be able to review a patient’s clinical data held within the Trust EPR alongside a patient referral, providing a more holistic view.
- Manage the referrals process to ensure patient receives the most appropriate appointment date or is managed in an alternative way in order to reduce demand on stressed Acute Services
- Minimise the delays between a referral and the date the appointment is booked.
- Scalable to allow for the service to be implemented at a hospital, Trust and/or Referral Hub
- Automate entire process to save significant administrative support, allowing for audit and redesign of the referral processes or as evidence of good practice.